Food By Age for Alaska
Alaska dogs or any other types of dog such as Poodle, Samoyed, Husky dog breeds, ... need to have a detailed menu for each different age. So just ensure enough nutrition supply for their development, while helping to avoid dangerous diseases.
- Under 2 months of age: During this period the main food is milk of mother dogs. Therefore, make good for dog mother during the time of raising children. From 1 month and older, you can feed more types of minced meat porridge, divided into small meals throughout the day, help supplement nutrition and practice the habit of digesting food for the puppy's stomach.
- From 2 to under 6 months of age: During this time, the main food is rice mixed with soft meat, chicken eggs and soft dry food, helping puppies develop teeth and chewing muscles. At the same time, increase the hardness of the food on the menu, for example: Instead of using minced meat to mix, you can use large pieces of meat with moderate hardness. This is also the period when puppies are very susceptible to intestinal diseases, therefore, to prevent that you can add digestive enzymes (1 divided package 2 times) to the menu to support.
- From 6 months and older: Alaska dogs at this stage are about to mature, you can reduce the number of meals down. Instead, increase the menu nutrients such as calcium, some vegetables, animal bones and large pieces of meat. In addition, you can add duck eggs on the menu to make Alaska dogs have thicker, softer and more beautiful coat.
What foods should not be used as food for Alaska dogs?
In fact, not all foods can be used as food for Alaska dogs, there are many types of food when eaten will bring adverse effects on their development and health, including:
- Stimulant: This food is extremely dangerous due to its addictive ability, causing them to faint or even sudden death to any dog of any age.
- Onion powder: This type is usually in the food of young children, but it is a factor that can cause poisoning for dogs.
- Fish bones: In fact, this kind of food is not banned and should be used with low level. Because it can cause their digestive system to be confused or blocked intestinal tract.
- High-fat food has the risk of causing Alaskan dogs to become obese, not good for pancreas and intestinal tract.
- Chocolate, coffee: Causing bad reactions to the digestive system and nervous system.
- Human vitamins: Harmful to the digestive system and the risk of kidney toxicity.
- Grapes, chestnuts: It seems a bit absurd but the fact that grapes when ingested can lead to kidney failure and loss of recognition of Alaska dogs.
- Animal liver (Pig, cow, ...): Ability to cause vitamin A poisoning, adversely affect muscle and bone system of dogs.
- Mushrooms: This is the cause of death, shock or poisoning for dogs.
- Milk or dairy products: This type of food should be limited to menus of Alaska dogs, which can cause allergies and other diarrheal diseases.
- Moldy and rotten food ... causes intestinal disease.
- Raw eggs: Impedes the absorption of vitamins of the digestive system.
- Sour food: Disrupting digestion, raw sugar.
- Food is high in sugar: Causing obesity, tooth enamel damage.
Keep a record of the foods listed above to limit or prohibit your use of Alaska dogs. In short, to be able to create truly healthy Alaska dogs, it is essential to understand the diet as well as to increase their mobilization.